WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the worldachieve Zero Hungerin our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), the job holders typically report to an HR Officer. At this level job holders are expected to use initiative and knowledge within an area of expertise to independently respond to queries with general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients. 2. Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services. 3. Identify evolving needs of the organisation and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services. 4. Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives. 5. Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs. 6. Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures. 7. Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood. 8. Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines. 9. Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data. 10. Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards 11. Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor's Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or other fields relevant to international development assistance? Experience: Fiveor more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field. Knowledge & Skills: Knowledge of specialised HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience. Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries. Ability to conduct basic analyses in order to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for further actions. Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit. Experience in supervising and co-ordinating tasks of subordinates to be able to train and supervise junior staff members within the HR function. Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards. Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Turkish languages, Arabic language is an added value
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFPs Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve teams work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps teams activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an I will/We will spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors teams deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFPs goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and teams efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
With initiative and judgement produces organised, accurate and well documented records with well analysed data and addresses unforeseen situations seeking advice and guidance from supervisor, as necessary. May assign work to staff in lower grades.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Terms and Conditions: Fixed-term Appointment.shall be an appointment for a continuous period of one year and shall have a specified expiration date. Such an appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year, which may be extended to 18 months.Staff members shall not engage in any continuous or recurring outside occupation or employment without the prior approval of the Director-General. The salary scales for staff in the General Service category shall be those set forth in the FAO Administrative Manual. and shall be subject to amendment or revision in accordance with the provisions of Staff Regulation,Net Pay Salarythe rate of actual salary after deduction of staff assessment (but excluding social security deduction): Fixed Term/ G6: TRY 149,271.00 Staff AssessmentA staff assessment, comparable to national income tax, shall be applied to the gross salaries and such other payments as are computed on the basis of salary, The assessment shall be calculated at rates set forth in the FAO Administrative Manual. Duty Station: Istanbul, Ankara
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dependency allowances: applicable to children up to 18 years of age, or up to 21 years in full-time school attendance United Nation Joint pension fund , a deduction of 7.9% from the pensionable remuneration will be made from the net salary, the WFP will make a contribution of 15.8% Medical Insurance: mandatory for staff ember and can be extended to dependents in a cost sharing Annual leave: 2.5 days a month Sick leave: 2 days per month Official Holiday: 10 days as officially established for each duty station
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
13 January 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.