UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, a calling.
We are committed, passionate, and proud of what we do. Promoting the rights of every child is not a job, it’s a calling.
Established in 2015, UNICEF’s Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) provides services to UNICEF offices across the world in the areas of Finance, Master Data Management, Human Resources Administration, Payroll, and Customer Care (IT Global Help Desk).
At the GSSC, a global career is built on strong foundations of our core values accompanied by continuous learning and professional development for our staff to become committed international civil servants. How can you make a difference?
UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre is expanding its talent outreach and employer branding through robust interventions including boosting social medial presence, launching campaigns and events. Besides supporting these new programs, the intern will support the recruitment team with sourcing for candidates on LinkedIn and other platforms. The objective is to position UNICEF GSSC as employer of choice and to hire the best candidates from the market.
This may involve:
Maximizing the power of employer branding and outreach
- Supporting the Recruitment team in acquiring talents with creating new strategies and assisting the launch of new employer branding and outreach programs
- Developing digital content for Facebook and LinkedIn that positions UNICEF GSSC as employer of choice on the market (developing visuals, captions, searching for content on internal channels and networking)
- Assisting with planning job fairs, online live events and mapping new trends that will help hiring the best talent from the market
- Creating assets for campaigns and preparing reports on campaign performance
- Supporting partnership programs with universities and other organizations
Sourcing and administration of candidates for specific roles
- Assisting with organizing and conducting pre-screening of resume reviews and interviews
- Keeping track of building and extending talent pools
- Facilitating and streamlining the application and onboarding processes for new hires and following up on employee referrals
- Assisting in drafting and sending out emails to potential candidates
- Sourcing and screening active and passive candidates
- Recommending interested candidates for open positions
- Supporting candidate outreach and interacting with potential candidates
- Facilitating talent engagement and talent acquisition
As an advocate for every child, you will have…
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree programme or have graduated within the past two years in human resources, social sciences, communication and media studies, and related fields with interest in HR and organizational development and change management
- Fluency in English and Hungarian are required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to work independently and in diverse teams is required
- Experience in human resources, recruitment, talent acquisitions are strong assets
- Social media experience in building online presence on Facebook and LinkedIn is a strong asset
Contract Duration and Terms
- Internship is for 3-months duration (extendable)
- Individuals must fund their travel and living expenses
- Individuals must have proof of medical insurance covering their time at the duty station
- Individuals are personally responsible for obtaining any required visa or residence permit, covering the entire period of their internship
- Internships are paid with a stipend of approximately HUF 256,000 per month for full-time arrangements (40hrs/week), which will be prorated according to attendance. Work arrangements are based on the effective regulations of the duty station, organizational needs and schedules of the interns
- Interns may take up to 2.5 days per month off work for any reason, including for medical reasons. The stipend will be reduced for any absence beyond this quota
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA). To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. More information on UNICEF’s commitment to diversity and inclusion: https://uni.cf/InclusiveUNICEF
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.