Background Information - UNOPS UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful imp... UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development. UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources. Working with us UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines. Diversity With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates. Work life harmonization UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - Job-specific Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Country Director, and i... Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Country Director, and in close coordination with the Regional Office and the Partnerships Group, the Partnerships Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing the partnership and programme development plan for the offices and countries managed by the Country Director.
Functions / Key Results Expected P...
Functions / Key Results Expected
Partnership and programme development planning
Representation and inter-agency partnership
Knowledge management and innovation
Imact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Partnerships Specialist impacts on the performance of the AFCO by maintaining a robust and diverse pipeline of project opportunities, which leads to sustainable growth of the UNOPS’ presence in Afghanistan and strengthens the achievements of UNOPS management results and the fulfilment of its mandate.
Education: A Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Ad...
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Engineering, Political Science, Communications or International Relations.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- At least 5 years of experience in an international development including demonstrated experience in:
- Developing and executing partnership and programme development plans;
- Project development and proposal writing;
- Acquisition of projects;
- Project and programme management experience is an asset
- Establishing partnerships with UN agencies, international development organisations, governments, foundations, international NGOs or private sector organisations.
- Prior experience working in international organisations, international development, post-disaster and/or emergency contexts would also be an advantage.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Fluency in one or more addional official UNOPS languages is an advantage.
- Fluency in one or more
Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and ex...
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration Contract type: International ICA Contract level: IICA-2 Contract duration:... Contract type: International ICA Contract level: IICA-2 Contract duration: Ongoing ICA - Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time Applications ...
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.